We are aware that Friends have volunteered their help in the past and have expressed interest on their Membership Questionnaires, and listed below are the Volunteering opportunities that we have identified with Paula Eliis and her team at Oriel y Parc.
1. Gallery Invigilation (DRB check required)
2. Support workshops. Usually in the Discovery room e.g. Collage a Masterpiece, Dragon Parade
3. Support activities e.g. River dipping, Crab catching, Rock pooling
4. Assist Rangers/Archaeologist. Back marking walks from Oriel y Parc and surrounding areas
5. Coordinating Young Archaeologist Club
6. Meet ‘N Greet. Meeting, greeting and serving food and beverage in evening functions
7. Marshalling/Stewarding. Major events e.g. Dragon Parade
8. OYP Poster. Deliver the monthly poster to business in local area
9. Maintenance support:-
a. Assist Warden with hanging exhibitions in tower and Artist in residence Studio
b. Painting and decorating
c. Litter picking
d. Window cleaning
e. Car park and courtyard sweeping.
10. Talks set-up. It would be helpful if Friends attending the Talks could help with the Discovery Room set-up/clearing for each Talk.
Items like the Gallery Invigilation are most helpful at lunch times, when the staff are most under pressure with necessary lunch breaks, and it may only take an hour or two. If you can offer a couple of hours of support, please enquire at the front desk and Paula and her team will be delighted to discuss the needs with you.
Please note that it is important that if a commitment is made, it is kept if at all possible, as the OYP team will plan their staffing programme on the basis of commitments made.